Inspired by gorgeous Art Nouveau-era ceramics, this elegantly simple scissor case cross stitch pattern will make your other household scissors jealous. This pattern takes advantage of the beautiful white fabric to create an antique blue and white antique porcelain feel. The pattern (also called a scissor keeper) can be stitched as is for a delicate vintage-inspired scissor case, or bolder colours of fabric or floss would create a more modern edgy look. A deceptively simple combination of back stitch and full cross stitch makes up this classically styled pattern. The pattern comes with full colour photographs and assembly instructions to take you from start to finish, so even a novice stitcher can feel confident they can complete this elegant pattern for themselves. This pattern is available individually or as a set with the matching scissor fob pattern. Protect your embroidery scissors and add a little elegance to your life with this graceful scissor case pattern.
Collection: Adorned Life
Model stitched on 14 count white Aida fabric with DMC embroidery floss.
Please note: This is a digital PDF pattern only, not a printed pattern that will be shipped in the mail. It is not a kit or a finished product. You will be sent a download link when your payment has been processed.
Any up-to-date PDF reader (for example Preview on a Mac, GoodReader on iOS, or Adobe Reader on a Mac or PC) will be able to read the patterns, or they can be printed for ease of use.
- 60 stitches by 60 stitches
- Finished size: 3½″ wide at top by 4½″ long on 14 count
- Full stitches and back stitch
- 1 colour
- Full colour chart includes DMC colour key, colour preview and thread sorter
- Black & white chart included
- One-page pattern for digital devices included
- Includes full colour photographic assembly instructions
- Includes materials list
- Optional free "How To Stitch" guide available at checkout
- Dozens of tutorial videos available at Peacock & Fig's YouTube channel
- DMC floss as per included colour key
- If stitching on 14 count cross stitch fabric (Aida, linen, evenweave), you will need 6½” by 6½” of fabric to allow for a 1″ margin around all sides to accommodate finishing
- 6½” by 6½” of chosen lining fabric
- 4″ length of elastic or cord for the scissor case fastening loop + 1 button (or one snap fastener can be used instead of the loop and button)
- Tapestry and embroidery needles
- Sewing thread for assembly