- Each pattern: 60 stitches by 90 stitches
- 4″ x 6″ on 14 count
- Stitched on one piece of fabric: 150 stitches by 150 stitches
- 10″ x 10″ on 14 count
- Full stitches, backstitch, French knots, and small number of fractional backstitch
- 13 colours plus two colours of beads
- The set comes with layout kit, full colour key with floss and bead quantities, buyer’s guide, and a thread sorter. It also comes with supplemental pattern options for the centre of all four patterns (if stitched on one piece of fabric)
- Each pattern comes with a DMC colour key for the whole series, full black and white pattern, full colour pattern, and a one-page pattern for digital devices
- Tutorial on Kreinik threads here
- Tutorial on beading cross stitch patterns here
- Dozens of tutorial videos available at Peacock & Fig’s YouTube channel or full stitching classes on Skillshare
Mermaid Tales Cross Stitch Pattern Set
Welcome to the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set! This four-part series started as a stitchalong, and is now available as a standalone set! Featuring four individual patterns (Cold Rock, Telescope, Mirror Mirror, and Mermaid Struggles), this set is perfect for adding a bit of sass and bling to your home. These designs are inspired by an online conversation in which someone was complaining about crocheted mermaid tails for girls, saying “Why on earth would you want your daughter to dress like a fish whore???” Of course much hilarity ensued, and the idea for these patterns was born. 🙂 The elegant beads and metallic threads contrast with the snarky text on each pattern, making these patterns a unique addition to your stash. PG versions are also included in the Cold Rock and Mirror Mirror patterns. Level up on your sass with these gloriously cheeky mermaid cross stitch patterns.
Please note: This is a digital PDF pattern only, not a printed pattern that will be shipped in the mail. It is not a kit or a finished product. You will be sent a download link when your payment has been processed. Any up-to-date PDF reader (for example Preview on a Mac, GoodReader on iOS, or Adobe Reader on a Mac or PC) will be able to read the patterns, or they can be printed for ease of use.
Mirror Mirror Cross Stitch Pattern
Mermaids are glorious beautiful creatures, but have you ever wondered whether they have the same insecurities as us mere mortals? The Mirror Mirror cross stitch pattern, the third of the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set, is a cheeky look at a mermaid’s beauty routine. This pattern also comes with a PG version in case you have little ones at home who can read, or the text isn’t to your taste. Bring out your inner mermaid beauty with the Mirror Mirror cross stitch pattern.
Mermaid Struggles Cross Stitch Pattern
Get inspired to live the dream as a mermaid with the Mermaid Struggles cross stitch pattern. Who wouldn’t love to live the life of lazing on a beach all day, looking gorgeous. The fourth of the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set, this sassy cross stitch pattern inspires you to take a beach holiday. Beautiful lavender beads and sparkling metallic thread add a little touch of magic to this fun pattern. Let your hair down with the cheeky Mermaid Struggles cross stitch pattern.
Telescope Cross Stitch Pattern
Ah the romance of the life of a mermaid, meeting handsome sailors who happen to stumble across your rock in the middle of the ocean… Putting a slightly more “adult” twist on this age-old tale, this is the Telescope cross stitch pattern. The second of the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set, this cross stitch pattern pairs sass and blingy beads with sparkly metallics. Let out your cheeky side with the Telescope cross stitch pattern.