- Pattern size: 60 stitches by 90 stitches
- Finished size: 4″ x 6″ on 14 count
- Full stitches, backstitch, French knots, and small number of fractional backstitch
- 11 colours plus two colours of beads
- Pattern comes with full colour key with floss and bead quantities, buyer’s guide, and a thread sorter
- The pattern also comes with a PG version of the text, a full black and white pattern, full colour pattern, a pattern without backstitch, and a one-page pattern for digital devices
- A layout sheet is also included, should you wish to stitch all four Mermaid Tales patterns on one piece of fabric
- Tutorial on Kreinik threads here
- Tutorial on beading cross stitch patterns here
- Dozens of tutorial videos available at Peacock & Fig’s YouTube channel or full stitching classes on Skillshare
Cold Rock Cross Stitch Pattern
Have you ever been sitting in a chair for so long that you get really sore? Imagine how a mermaid feels, sitting on a hard cold rock for hours on end, waiting to lure any nearby sailors…. The first of the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set, this cheeky cross stitch pattern sums up the daily grind of a mermaid with sparkle and glitter. If the text isn’t to your taste (or you have little ones at home who can read), there is also a PG version included in the pattern. Release your inner siren with this sassy Cold Rock cross stitch pattern.
Please note: This is a digital PDF pattern only, not a printed pattern that will be shipped in the mail. It is not a kit or a finished product. You will be sent a download link when your payment has been processed. Any up-to-date PDF reader (for example Preview on a Mac, GoodReader on iOS, or Adobe Reader on a Mac or PC) will be able to read the patterns, or they can be printed for ease of use.
Mermaid Tales Cross Stitch Pattern Set
Welcome to the Mermaid Tales cross stitch pattern set! This four-part series started as a stitchalong, and is now available as a standalone set! Featuring four individual patterns (Cold Rock, Telescope, Mirror Mirror, and Mermaid Struggles), this set is perfect for adding a bit of sass and bling to your home. These designs are inspired by an online conversation in which someone was complaining about crocheted mermaid tails for girls, saying “Why on earth would you want your daughter to dress like a fish whore???” Of course much hilarity ensued, and the idea for these patterns was born. :) The elegant beads and metallic threads contrast with the snarky text on each pattern, making these patterns a unique addition to your stash. PG versions are also included in the Cold Rock and Mirror Mirror patterns. Level up on your sass with these gloriously cheeky mermaid cross stitch patterns.
Miserable Cow Cross Stitch Pattern
Do you have “special” people in your life who take joy in seeing the negative in any situation? Need a little reminder to be the best version of yourself? This funny cross stitch pattern can help! It’s the perfect gift for someone in your life who needs a little nudge, and decorates your home or office with style and humour. Based on a vintage illustration, this pattern reminds us all to not take life so seriously. It’s always better to be the sparkly unicorn, and not the miserable cow! Get started on this funny cross stitch pattern today!
No More Ducks Cross Stitch Pattern
Are you tired, stressed, and just don’t care anymore? You just don’t give a duck anymore? Well this slightly subversive cross stitch pattern is perfect for you! Inspired by a lovely vintage illustration, this “motivational” cross stitch pattern will make a cheeky addition to any home. While stitching these tranquil blue tones, this pattern will calm you while making you laugh. For those days where you have no more ducks to give, this beautiful pattern will inspire you to keep on going. This pattern is also available with the with the Get Ducked cross stitch pattern in the Get Ducks cross stitch pattern set.