Bring a touch of graceful whimsy to your decor with this charming French poppy cross stitch coaster pattern. Reminiscent of a watercolour painting, this pretty poppy is a "nod" to elegant botanical illustrations of the Victorian era. Not only can this pattern be used to add style to your home if displayed in an embroidery hoop, you can go that extra step further and use it for coasters. The simple addition of acrylic or glass coasters will transform your lovely hand stitched piece of floral art into a stylish functional home decor piece for years to come. This small vibrant pattern can stitch up in one evening, so it's perfect for beginners or those who want a quick project. The pattern comes with full colour photographic stitching and assembly instructions, so you'll be using your beautiful new cross stitch coaster in no time at all. The delicacy of this pretty design and the practicality of using it as a coaster is a winning combination for any stylish home.
Product code: CS-FPC6
Collection: Adorned Life
Model stitched on 16 count Fiddler's Aida (Fiddler's cloth) fabric with DMC embroidery floss.
Please note: This is a digital PDF pattern only, not a printed pattern that will be shipped in the mail. It is not a kit or a finished product. You will be sent a download link when your payment has been processed.
Any up-to-date PDF reader (for example Preview on a Mac, GoodReader on iOS, or Adobe Reader on a Mac or PC) will be able to read the patterns, or they can be printed for ease of use.
- 30 stitches wide by 35 stitches high
- Stitched area: 2" wide by 2½" high
- Full stitches and back stitch
- 8 colours
- Full colour chart includes DMC colour key, colour preview and thread sorter
- Black & white pattern included
- One-page pattern for digital devices included
- Includes full colour photographic assembly instructions
- Includes materials list
- Optional free "How To Cross Stitch" guide available at checkout
- Dozens of tutorial videos available at Peacock & Fig's YouTube channel
- DMC floss as per included colour keys
- If stitching on 14 count cross stitch fabric (Aida, linen, evenweave), you will need 6″ by 6″ of fabric to allow for a 2″ margin around your stitching to accommodate finishing. If you want to frame the poppy in a hoop, your fabric should be 4" bigger on all sides than the diameter of the hoop to allow a 2" margin. For example, for a 4" hoop as shown in the photographs, the fabric was cut to 8" by 8" square.
- Fray Check (or other fabric seam sealant) if desired
- Acrylic coasters (usually available in "stitchables" section of craft stores or online shops like sewandso.co.uk)
- Tapestry needle
Submit your review
Beautiful design, the chart was fantastic, colour and black and white. Customer service is amazing and really friendly! Xx