If you’ve ever wanted to create your own cross stitch phone case, this tutorial will help! Personalized phone cases are so popular right now, and what better way to show your personality than with a cross stitch phone case. There are some phone cases you can buy now that have holes in the case, so you can stitch directly onto the case. But if you can’t find a case suitable for your phone’s model (or don’t want your stitching to get dirty), this is a great alternative way to personalize your phone case with cross stitch. It’s really easy to do, and the video tutorial below will show you everything you need to know!
- clear phone case for your phone’s model
- a cross stitch project small enough to fit into the case without getting in the way of the camera, speaker, charging ports etc. In this project, I demonstrate using the “Let Them Eat Cupcakes” free cross stitch pattern
- very sharp embroidery scissors
- Fray Check or another seam sealant (if desired)
Cross stitch phone case tutorial
- Wash and fully dry your stitching if you haven’t already — check out this tutorial on how to wash your cross stitch projects when they’re done.
- Lay your clear phone case over your stitching, and make sure it’s centred.
- Make sure your phone ports, camera opening, etc aren’t over stitched areas (as you’ll need to cut these areas away).
- Carefully trace the outline of your phone case onto the fabric, and trace the outline of the ports and camera opening.
- Using your sharp embroidery scissors, cut the fabric along your traced lines.
- Put your stitching into the phone case and see if there are any areas that need to be cut away further. You may find you need to cut the outer edges slightly smaller so the phone will fit into the case properly.
- Once you’re happy with the size of the stitching, seal the edges with a fine line of Fray Check or another seam sealant.
- Once the Fray Check is dry, put your stitching into the case, put in your phone, and get ready for all the compliments on your creativity you’re about to get!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know below! And if you’d like to join the Peacock Lounge to get access to the “Let Them Eat Cupcakes” pattern featured in this video, just click the image below!
Leave a Reply