It’s amazing, despite everything that’s been going on recently, I actually managed to finish a project. I bought a little hardanger kit in Belgium a few months back, and started working on it a week or so ago (I posted about the first half of my efforts here). The hardanger kit was a little tricky at first for me to understand as I’d never done it before (and there was no real legend of which stitch was which symbol in the chart), but I managed to figure it out.
I think it came out really well considering it was my first time doing this craft, and that I’m usually not into dainty or traditional crafts. I did add a little bit of extra fabric onto the end of the piece (as I’d accidentally started too far down the piece of fabric so the envelope would have been a little too short). I did some more kloster blocks and cut away the fabric like in the main flap of the envelope, but my scissors did catch a few of my stitches as I was trying to carefully cut away two layers of fabric. I’m not that worried as it was just a test piece. I’m not even sure what I’ll use the envelope for and I managed to fix the cut thread areas not too terribly.
Here’s the video I made of how I did the cutout areas on the envelope flap, if you have any questions or comments of course please let me know below! 🙂